Nowadays of the Absinthe revival it is possible to buy Absinthe on the web and it is legal, in many countries, to drink Absinthe in bars.Absinthe is an alcoholic beverage which is about twice as strong as some other spirits like whisky and vodka. It has an anise flavor and is created from herbs like wormwood, fennel and aniseed.
Absinthe was notoriously forbidden in lots of countries in the 1900s, even though it was never banned in the UK, Spain, Portugal or perhaps the Czech Republic. The thujone in wormwood was believed to be similar to THC in cannabis and to cause psychedelic effects, it has now been disproved.
There are lots of modern classic style Absinthes – brands which are re-creations of vintage and conventional Absinthes. Price varies in accordance with the brand and the site you order from – shop around for the best price and also to find Absinthe sales, offers and specials.
Here’s a list of some good classic brands:-
– The Jade Collection by Ted Breaux – These Absinthes are made at the Combier distillery in Saumur, France. Ted Breaux examined and analyzed antique bottles of original Absinthe and used what he heard of the ingredients and quantities to build up this type of Absinthes. His Absinthes, which are distilled in old 19th century alambics, comprise a classic Pernod Fils style Absinthe, a Swiss type Absinthe, a La Bleue style absinthe, and Edouard Pernod type Absinthe, a new Orleans inspired Absinthe and his “Lucid” brand which took over as the first legal Absinthe in the USA.
– Absinthe Clandestine – This Absinthe is made by Claude-Alain Bugnon, ex- Absinthe bootlegger. This Absinthe is usually a La Bleue clear Absinthe made in Bugnon’s distilleries in Couvet, Switzerland. Bugnon uses conventional herbs, such as wormwood and anise, in his Absinthe recipes coupled with Alpine herbs.
– La Ptite Absinthe – This La Bleue is likewise distilled in Couvet by Guadentia Persoz and her husband. They discovered a 1898 menu and old alambic in their home when they relocated in and therefore are now employing this recipe, which include 12 herbs, to create this popular Swiss Absinthe.
– Doubs Mystique “Carte d’Or Absinthe” – An Absinthe distilled in Pontarlier, France, the town where Pernod made his first Absinthes. This Absinthe employs traditional distilling methods in nineteenth century alambics but features a modern twist to create a different tasting Absinthe for the modern day Absinthe drinker.
Buy Absinthe Essences
The brands stated earlier are typically great brands of Absinthe made using knowledge from the past, but you may want to try your hand at producing your own bottle of the Green Fairy.
Absinthe essences through AbsintheKit.com are a very inexpensive way to make top-quality Absinthe at a great price. A 280ml bottle of Absinthe essence can make 14 bottles of actual wormwood Absinthe! The 280ml bottles can be found in a kit with bottle labels plus a measure to measure out the essence.
There are 4 kinds of Absinthe essence:-
– Absinthe Classics essence – This essence makes a timeless style green Absinthe.
– Absinthe White Essence – An essence for many who like Swiss La Bleue clear varieties of Absinthe.
– Absinthe Orange Essence – This is made up of real orange oil and creates a yellow-orange colored and orange flavoured Absinthe.
– Absinthe 55 Strong Essence – Additional three essences have 35mg of thujone, the substance in the herb wormwood, but this essence creates a stronger 55mg Asbinthe liquor using a strong bitter wormwood taste. Perfect for those that appreciate the taste of wormwood.
All of these essences can be obtained on sale at the web shop of AbsintheKit.com. And buying is a breeze.
To use the essences, simply mix with a neutral alcohol base such as Everclear or vodka, put sugar of you similar to a smoother Absinthe, and there you have it – your very own Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell replica Absinthe glasses and spoons such as a Pontarlier style glass as well as an Eiffel Tower spoon. The perfect gift for an Absinthe lover.